Wednesday, October 19, 2011


I find myself with extra some free time this week and Fall must bring on my nesting tendencies.  Yesterday it was homemade bread and today, cookies.

Very rarely do I share my Gramma's recipes, but she was the BEST baker! Truly an old fashioned recipe, these cookies are buttery and not overly sweet, crisp on the outside and chewy once you bite into them.

Grandma Pete's Sugar Cookies
1
cup
sugar
1
cup
margarine
1
egg
2
cups
flour
1/2
tsp
baking powder
1/2
tsp
cream of tartar
1/2
tsp
salt
1
tsp
vanilla extract
Mix together sugar and margarine. Add remaining ingredients, mixing them together in one big mixing bowl. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheets and flatten with a fork ( # ) like you do for peanut butter cookies. Bake at 350 degrees until the edges are lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Servings: 36 cookies

No comments: