Saturday, February 28, 2009

happy birthday to me

Wow. I am 48 years old today. It's been a great week - my sister, her husband and I started the 'birthday week' tradition many years ago. Basically, it's like Hanukkah, celebrating 7 days of your birthday. You get a present each day, starting out with something small like a candy bar or bookmark, and working your way up to the big present on your birthday. So far I've received an Iowa Hawkeye pencil cup, Iowa Hawkeye socks, the 'Caddyshack' DVD, a flexible little tripod for my cameras, and flash drive for the computer and windshield wiper blades for the car. I wonder what tonight will bring?
My brother John surprised me with a package yesterday - a great selection of Will Ferrell DVDs and a book on design basics. Very, very cool!
Unfortunately, to put a damper on the week, I have spent the better part of the last couple of days at home with a sick little dog. Bailey apparently got into something on a walk the other day that was either poisonous or highly allergic. In any case, her entire face blew up like a balloon from Thursday night to Friday morning and she vomited quite a bit on Thursday and Friday. This morning I made her the hamburger and brown rice bland diet that the vet always recommends and she has managed to keep three very small meals down so far. Thankfully, other than the upset stomach, she is completely fine - drinking and playing normally...
Well, dear readers, as I am now another year closer to being a senior citizen, LOL, I think I will indulge myself with a little nap before the family heads out to dinner at Applebee's (love that place).
{PS: Day 7's present was a gift certificate to my favorite salon / spa!}

No comments: