Wednesday, February 6, 2008

still snowing!

The snow is still coming down, blowing and drifting. The plows are few and far between, only hitting the main roads. This photo is what's going on right outside my front door at this very minute. Each red star represents a car currently stuck in the snow and trying to dig out. This is just crazy! I just don't understand why people are out in this weather...
My house is smelling wonderful, perfect for a snowbound day. This morning I threw some chicken into the crockpot with a can of cream of mushroom soup, some poultry seasoning and curry powder. I'll have it over some brown rice for a simple supper. Then, I decided that since things looked so grim outside, why not bake some brownies, "just in case". Just in case WHAT? It snows? Geez! So here I am with a pan of brownies, cooling on the counter. Boy, I hope somebody I know stops by to check on me, or I'll be eating brownies until the milk runs out...
By the way, are you wondering what a little Beagle does while all of this craziness is going on outside? Take a look! Life is rough...

2 comments:

Jennifer Stewart said...

Wow, look at all of that snow! That's amazing! :)

Jennifer

Lady R (Di) said...

I wish I could send you some of our southern sunshine. I was trying to see where this picture was taken. I am from Dubuque also. Did you notice the comment I left for you on the Super Bowl Blog? Maybe we know each other. See ya!