Wednesday, October 29, 2008

great news

Had some great news from the doctor today. It's been a year since I was first diagnosed with Type II Diabetes and, as many of you know, I have struggled with getting things under control. Finally, some positive results:
  1. I have lost 22 pounds since July!
  2. My A1C is down to 7.2 from 7.9 in July. (A1C is a picture of your average blood glucose control for the past 2 to 3 months and gives you a good idea of how well your diabetes treatment plan is working.)
  3. The doctor says that if I get my A1C down below 7.0 I can reduce or cut out one of my medications.
  4. The doctor predicts that at my current rate, and if I'm 'fairly good over the holidays', I can lose 40 more pounds by the time I see him again in April. (We'll see about that one...)

So, in typical Teresa fashion, I came home and celebrated with pizza and a handful of Dark Chocolate M&Ms. (Oops!)

Back on the diet tomorrow!

No comments: