Wednesday, July 9, 2008

7.9.08

Vacation, Day 4. I started with a visit to the doctor for bloodwork results - good news/bad news scenario. My 'A1C' (http://www.diabetes.org/type-1-diabetes/a1c-test.jsp), which is an average measurement of your blood sugar and should be around 6 if you are normal, is down to a 7.8. (Keep in mind that it was a 12.9 last October when I first found out that I had diabetes.) My doctor is very pleased and expects us to hit our target of 7 in three months. Yay! The bad news is that I've gained 7 pounds. Ouch! I have been so focused on carbs that I think I let fats and other things (peanut butter, cheese and veggie dip) get me. So I will have to focus on more exercise I think. I'm going to look into joining a gym if it's financially feasible. Then, it was a stop at the dentist to get a permanent crown cemented on and receive a bi-annual cleaning. Done deal, see ya in six months.
Had a bit of a toothache after the work on the crown, so it was home for a couple of hydrocodone and a nap! Dinner was a salad of spring greens, strawberries, mandarin oranges, almonds and cranberries - dressed with a creamy poppyseed dressing. I followed that with a grilled ribeye steak and baked potato. YUM!
Now I'm off to settle down with a book and a Beagle. Good night!

No comments: