Saturday, July 12, 2008

7.12.08

Vacation, Day 7. Today was a typical Saturday. The Farmer's Market was in full swing with the biggest selection of vegetables so far this year. I loaded up on lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, radishes, fingerling potatoes, zucchini, green beans and sweet corn. The Amish lady that makes the most amazing jam was there and I couldn't resist - even though it's bad for my diet I brought home a jar of her strawberry/rhubarb jam and it's so yummy! As always, Bailey was with me, the weather was beautiful and we both enjoyed our morning adventure.
After I dropped Bailey and the vegetables off at home, I headed to the regular grocery store for some incidentals, stuff for lunches, dairy items and a trip to the meat counter. I stocked up on lean cuts of meat, chicken, chops and salmon fillets. On a side note, I paid $3.99 for a gallon of milk - ouch!
The rest of the day was uneventful. For some reason I was tired and felt the need for a 3 hour nap. Dinner was grilled salmon and fresh green beans, followed by a movie. How boring! But , very relaxing...

No comments: