Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation, Day 1 - Taking it easy, resting and regrouping. Work has been kinda tough lately. They've been asking me to travel more and take on all kinds of new responsibilities. Now, you know I love a good challenge and have never minded additional responsibilities, but the things they are asking me to do fall more under the realm of someone with a much higher salary than I...
I spent the day puttering around the house, watching seasons 1 and 2 of "The Office", cathing up on emails and posting some unused crafting supplies for sale on Craig's List.
The weather is in the 'in between' stage - not quite hot enough for the A/C, but still a little sticky. I've settled on keeping the windows open to enjoy the fresh air and slight breeze, but have dug out the tank tops...
My nephew Trey left for Afghanistan last week - hoping he stays safe and hurries home soon.
Had a great Fourth of July weekend, despite the fact that I had to work both days. My brother John was here and we spent the time hanging out, watching movies and playing games. Saturday night, we skipped the fireworks and resorted to setting off 'illegal fireworks' in the front yard. By 'illegal fireworks' I mean firecrackers, LOL. Only in Dubuque...
And that's it for today!

No comments: