Sunday, April 12, 2009

Well, it's been a long and crazy week. My mom had hernia surgery on Monday and was in the hospital for three days. We brought her home on Wednesday and my sister and I have been alternating staying at her house to help her. She's been in a lot of pain and we were just afraid she'd try to do too much on her own. Fortunately, she's feeling a lot better and can now be left 'unsupervised'. She still has a lot of healing to do, but I think we've turned a corner...

On top of all that, Jeff's (my sister's husband) grandma passed away last weekend, so we had a wake and a funeral in the middle of the week. In and amongst that, I managed to work about 25 hours and took some vacation time to make up the difference.

The family finally had our Easter dinner last night; better late than never.. Today will definitely be a day for resting and regrouping before getting back to work tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in!

No comments: